AAFMAA Mortgage Services LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the American Armed Forces Mutual Aid Association (AAFMAA), the longest-standing, Member-owned non-profit association exclusively serving the U.S. military community with affordable financial solutions.
If you believe you have what it takes to join the AAFMAA team, we would love to review your resume. Please email your resume and cover letter (PDF or MSWord format) to email@example.com.
AZ, CO, NC, TX, VA
Mortgage Loan Originator
AAFMAA Mortgage Services LLC (AMS) is looking for military oriented professionals with strong sales and customer service skills to join our team and become a Loan Officer, also known as a Mortgage Loan Originator or Military Mortgage Advisor. AMS is part of the American Armed Forces Mutual Aid Association (AAFMAA), the longest-standing not-for-profit, member-owned association which serves the military community. Be part of a team that helps servicemembers and Veterans get they affordable financing they need to build, buy, or refinance a home.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Originate residential mortgage loans to current and prospective AAFMAA members. Daily qualified inbound & outbound leads provided.
- Develop and grow relationships with real estate professionals, homebuilders, and other referral sources to generate qualified mortgage leads.
- Maintain a broad and current understanding of mortgage products, guidelines, pricing strategies, and industry standards. Structure loan scenarios to best meet the needs of each borrower.
- Engage in local community activities such as working with other not-for-profit military-focused organizations to develop new business and grow awareness of AMS in your market.
Required Skills and Experience
- Current mortgage license or ability to get licensed before hire
- 1-3 years lending experience and mortgage knowledge is preferred but not required
- Organized with an attention for details
- College degree preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong phone and in-person sales skills
- A passion for customer service
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office products and overall comfort with technology such as lead management/CRM and loan application systems
- Capacity to work independently, be self-motivated and adapt well to change, but also work well as part of a team that includes other departments such as Marketing, IT, and Processing & Operations
Apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter (PDF or MSWord format)
AAFMAA Mortgage Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer, Lender NMLS: 1423968, https://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/, Equal Housing Lender, Veteran Affairs (VA) approved lender # 668521-00-00; not endorsed or sponsored by the Dept. of Veterans Affairs or any government agency. See Legal & Licensing and Disclaimer website pages for additional disclosures.